How to Register: Contact Amy Arra at email@example.com or (770) 937-3028.
When: May 15-17, 2012 (8:30 am May 15 - Noon May 17)
Where: PowerPlan Training Center (Atlanta Office) Atlanta, Georgia
Registration Fee: $1,500
CPE Credit: 20 Hours (8 hours in the Accounting field of study; 12 Tax)
Users, managers, and prospective clients of the PowerTax Provision system that require an understanding of its use and functionality in the monthly closing cycle.
This course will provide an overview of the tax accounting process for regulated and non-regulated companies as it relates to the Provision module. It will focus on understanding the data setup, processing options, the current and deferred provision calculations, and reporting. The course will include both hands on participant exercises as well as instructor presentations and examples. Topics include:
- APB11 & FAS109 Deferred Tax Overview
- Regulated vs. Non-regulated Enterprises
- M-Item Definitions and Estimate/True-up Options
- Overview of Monthly Processing
- Effective Rate Calculations & Rate Changes
- Reporting and Analysis of Results
- Company Rollups & Consolidation
- Specialized Situations
- Return to Accrual Adjustments
- Credits and Credit Amortizations
- Fed/State Only M Items
- New Cases, Companies, Deferred Tax Records
- FIN 48
- Setting up and balancing subledgers – Deferred Taxes; Taxes Payable.
- Tax Basis Balance Sheet
Instructor: Blake Andrews