PowerTax Best Practices
How to Register: Contact Amy Arra at firstname.lastname@example.org or (770) 937-3028.
When: March 20-21, 2012 (9:00 am March 20 – 5:30 pm March 21)
Where: PowerPlan Training Center (Atlanta Office) Atlanta, Georgia
Registration Fee: $1,200
CPE Credit: 16 hours in the Tax field of study
Users/managers of the system that require an understanding of depreciation functionality and the overall use of the PowerTax software.
This course goes through a systematic approach for processing the cycle of tax compliance and planning steps using PowerTax. There is an emphasis on controls and data/system integrity as well as using the system effectively. The book to tax processing is discussed including the tax repairs under Rev Proc 1143. The course includes hands on exercises, presentations, and handouts.
- Overview of Processing Steps
- Effective Use of Cases
- New Years, Vintages, Cases, Companies, and Classes
- Book Transaction Processing
- Control & Review Points
- Reporting and Analysis of Results
- Dealing with Special Situations
- RAR; 481; Involuntary Conversions and Other Special Tax Transactions; Tax Repairs; Other Adjustments
- Budgeting and True Ups
- Sarbanes Oxley and Other Controls
- Transactions / Interfaces
Instructors: Rob Yankovich and Jennifer Butts