How to Register: Contact Amy Arra at email@example.com or (770) 937-3028.
When: July 24-26, 2012 (8:30 am Jul. 24 – Noon Jul. 26)
Where: PowerPlan Training Center (Atlanta Office) Atlanta, Georgia
Registration Fee: $1,500
CPE Credit: 20 hours in the Accounting field of study
Users responsible for depreciation and depreciation entries, or managers who want to understand depreciation, or take advantage of many newer depreciation provision features in PowerPlant V10, including those features to support special regulatory recovery (riders, MVAs, special projects, jurisdictional differences) and reserve analysis.
An intensive hands-on study of the depreciation functionality in PowerPlant, including depreciation concepts and theory, setting up and modifying depreciation configuration, special features to take advantage of, and analysis tools. A workbook is included.
- Depreciation Concepts
- Allocation of Accounting Cost
- Basic Rate Setting Concepts
- Methodologies: Group vs. Individual Depreciation/Amortization
- Latest Version 10.3 Enhancements
- Input Transaction Sets and Prior Period Entries
- Using Class Codes in Depreciation Group Mapping (to support special analysis)
- New Journal Entry Options
- Version 10.2 Changes to handle multiple sets of books and International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS)
- Sets of books concepts
- More Calculation Controls by Sets of Books
- Unit Catalog to Define Depreciation Groups (to support Component Depreciation)
- Depreciation Journal Entry Impacts
- Equal Life Group / Unit Summation Allocation
- Reserve Analysis and Special Depreciation Concepts
- Net Book Value Reporting, Theoretical Reserves and Reserve Imbalances
- Jurisdictional Issues
- Cost of Removal and Salvage Issues
- Rate Recalculation, Combined Groups, etc.
- Running, Review & Reporting Depreciation using PowerPlant
- Executing Depreciation & Timing Considerations
- Reviewing Results & Analysis (Enhanced)
- Expense & Reserve Adjustments (Enhanced)
- Key System Controls
- Efficiencies (Inactive groups, etc.)
Instructors: Aaron Smith, Michael Plunkett and Bryan Barnes